Tuesday, March 4, 2014

How To Write an Awesome Poem

I like writing poems. It's fun. I even have a poem book (you can start one too). I'm going to tell you how to write easy-peasy poems.

First, think of what you want to write about. If you can't think of anything, think of what you don't like and what you do like. Choose which one you want to write about. If you can't do that either, get some sticky notes. Scribble down the first word that comes to your brain. Stick it on a desk or wall. Scribble down more words on stickies, about three - four more times. Look at the stickies on the wall. Get your book of scrap paper. Start writing. Say you wrote, Chocolate, Apple, Caramel. You could write, I like chocolate. Dipped with caramel. While Mama's at the Water Well, I eat caramel!
See? Not that hard, huh? It doesn't even have to rhyme. You can go so far to making up a poem that has words that don't exist! Such as the one below.

I went criss-crosseros
Across the rhineserous
What about the floserous
I inside the saucerous?

See? Not that hard, huh? Its okay if poem writing isn't your thing, it's not meant for everybody. :D

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nyinga! Your blog is really helpful! I looooove it! Now I'm gonna start making my own poems! I'll comment one for you once I finish it :)

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks! Sorry I took so long to get back to you, my days can get busy....
      Anyways, I'm glad my blog helps! Can't wait to hear your poem :DDDDD

      Delete
    2. Oh, that's ok :D My days get crazy too! Here is my poem: (I wrote it when I saw a bug in my backyard)

      The Selfish Bug - by Sarah
      I hide between the grass blades
      I drink from the dew
      I love the coolness of the shades
      And I'm afraid of you.

      I prey on weeds and tiny things
      I bury in the sand
      I cannot speak nor can I sing
      I'm smaller than your hand.

      I crawl and creep and creep and crawl
      I don't have much to do
      I find a tree I'll eat it all
      And save none for my crew.

      What do you think? :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I really, really love it. I also like how all you had to do was look at a bug and get inspiration! That's the best poem I've heard in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete